Konteika is located in the northwestern part of Samos, 7 km southwest of Karlovassi. It is built on the northwest side of mount Karvounis, surrounded by hills of pine trees and cypress trees.
The area is green and of extraordinary natural beauty.
The village took its name from the resident who first settled there in 1750 named Constantine Kontos and hailed from the village of Platanos.
Sights of Konteika is the church which is dedicated to the Birth of Panagia (Virgin Mary’s birthday) and dates back to the 19th century, as well as the village’s square which is a sample of island architecture. The inhabitants deal mainly with viticulture and olive cultivation.