Wednesday , August 5 2020
elen
Home / Galleries (page 4)

Galleries

Samos photo galleries

Limnionas Beach

Limnionas, is a beautiful beach with cold and crystal clear waters. The beach is located in Marathokambos Municipality and is one of the most beautiful and developing beaches of Samos. Due to its sandy seabed and crystal clear waters, attracts many locals and tourists alike. The waters are very cold, …

Read More »

Mytilinoi

North of the village Chora and in a short distance from it, lays the town of Mytilinoi which, as its name suggests, was inhabited by people that came from Mytilene. When Kilij Allis got, by sultan Suleiman, the permission to colonize Samos, Lesvos was in terrible condition. While the poor …

Read More »

Pyrgos

This village lies in a distance of 5 kilometers west of Koumaradaioi. The location is near a stream that originates from the mountain of Ampelos, whom the ancients called Amfilisso.  According to tradition, the first resident was from Elida, Peloponnese. East of the village and nearby, it was found a …

Read More »

Kontakeika

Kontakeika or more correctly Kotakeika is located a few kilometers from Karlovassi o­n a beautiful hill 150 meters from the sea. According to legend, in 1750, a man named Georgios Kotis came from the island Kos and purchased land in this area for cultivation. His sons later married women from …

Read More »

Manolates

Manolates are located in the northern side of the island, 25 km far from the city of Samos. It is a traditional village that is builted in mountainous greenery region and has immense view to Asia Minor. It took its name from the surname Manoles, of the first family that …

Read More »

Stavrinides

Stavrinides is located on the north side of the island, 26 km away from the city of Samos. It is a small village builted in a green mountainous site, in an altitude of 380 meters. It took its name from the first settler’s surname. Near Stavrinides there used to be …

Read More »

Platanos

Platanos is located 4 km south of the village Konteika and about 10 km southeast of Karlovassi. The village is west of mount Kerkis, north of the sea of Karlovassi and south of the sea of Marathokampos. The view is excellent to the west and the south. The imperious size …

Read More »

Agios Konstantinos

Agios Konstantinos consists of two villages, o­ne o­n the coast and the other o­n the mountain. It got its name from the church “Agios Konstantinos” which was built in 1890. This village is o­ne of the so called “Six Neighbourhoods”, which constituted o­ne of the most beautiful locations o­n Samos. …

Read More »

Ano Vathi

The pirate raids which continued to ravage the islands during the 17th and 18th centuries, forced the islanders to build their houses away from the coasts. Thus the first residents of Vathi, Samos, who according to legend came from Peloponnesus, built their houses in the valley between the hills Koutsomilos …

Read More »

The Holy Monastery of Megali Panagia

Monastery of Megali Panagia (Monastery of the Great Blessed Virgin Mary) The Monastery of Megali Panagia (or of the “five ospition”) is located in the middle of the southern part of Samos and it was founded in 1586 by the monks Nile and Dionysius (both had become monks on Mount …

Read More »